Sunday, June 25, 2006

Warp done

Three and a half hours later and I have a new warp to dye. This one is yet again more merino that is 24 inches wide and three shawls long. It will be dyed purples and blues with a hint of green. It shall be lovely. I will it so! Right now it still looks like the other warps that I have made of the blue/green/burgundy merino. Except fatter. 573 ends. Kora from upstairs wants to learn how to dye warps and so apparently we are doing an inpromptu dye class sometime next week. Hopefully I will have a camera to record the whole event. I have yet to tell her that the fee is to be a pint of gin. And of course some tonic water. I'm sure that it won't be a problem. Wink wink!

There is a crap load of yarn on each of those merino bobbins. There must be close to 2000 yards. I still have a lot left, but it seems to be going quickly. Thanks again Jay for hosting his craft challenge all those many months ago and getting me going on this merino. It has opened my eyes to many possibilities. Fugly colours are now my friends.

And a big thanks to Uncle Sandy, who gently suggested to the powers that be that Bill, myself, and the kids be allowed to spend some time this summer as a family at grandma and grandpa's cottage at the lake. As Bill said, It will be nice to be able to relax and not have to worry about schedules. I think that it will be nice to be able to stay up as late as you want or go to bed early if you wish. Not that I don't like Grandma and Grandpa. They are wonderful in laws. It's just that we do things a bit different and it is sometimes a bit hard to get 4 kids to conform for days at a time.

Shit! Lake means bathing suit and I still have those same 10 pounds that I have been trying to get rid of since about April. It would be a whole lot easier to get rid of the fool things if food and drink didn't taste so good. I keep trying to convince myself to get up in the morning and go biking before everyone else is awake and THAT would be a whole lot easier if the bed wasn't so comfortable. What's a gal to do? Waddling is NOT an option.

I almost forgot, Happy Birthday Brother of Mine. 34 is it? So young.

No comments: