Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Progress update

Shawl #1 is off the loom! And it is really quite a bit longer than I had figured on. About 90 inches. It will shrink up a bit when I wash it so the final measurement will not be given until later. This is where a guide string comes in handy. In any case, because all of the preliminary set up has been already done, all that I have to do is tie on again and I am ready to weave shawl #2. I usually don't cut projects off as I weave them unless there is a tension problem, but I thought that seeing as there was a deadline for my shawl, I would break with tradition.

And even as we speak, there is a skein of wool drying and one in the dye pot! I am having so much fun. Thanks Jay for kick starting me on a project that I have wanted to do for about 8 months now.

1 comment:

Jay said...

This is just no good... I demand pictures! It all sounds so cool... I wanna see!