Saturday, January 21, 2006

Catching Shit

As some of you know, I have a two year old who has learned how to deal with the velcro closures on her diaper. She is potty training, although loosely. No pun intended. So there I was, yesterday, typing away and she runs into the room sans diaper. She has a rather concerned expression on her face. Uh oh, think I. Do you have to poop in the potty? Nooooo was the quavering reply. She started to run out of the room and.... plop. Hurryhurryhurry! say I let's get to the potty. Noooooo. again she says. I see something else starting to make its way out and so what do I do? You read the title. I caught it. So here I am laughing, she's crying and I have warm baby shit in my hand. At least I didn't have to wash the floor. I mean really, I disposed of the poo in the toilet and washed my hands, which I do at least two dozen times a day, I only wash my floors on average every two months. And that is when the in-laws are coming. I chose the easier clean up. I suppose that I did have to clean up the other plop, but it landed on a throw rug, which, after disposing of the poo, I threw in the washing machine. Easy clean up.

The other day , she came in the room, holding her diaper loosely between her legs , squatted, and started to pee. Well, you can imagine what happened. Diapers weren't designed to work well that way. It ran all over the floor. Spot clean. So I said Noooo! That's not what you do, you pee in the potty. Oh, she says. Stops and runs to the potty and finishes! Wow! She has some degree of control. I really do have to take this potty training a little more serious.

I suppose that my two months is almost up. I shall have to think seriously about mopping again. I don't think that I would hate it so much if I didn't have to deal with all of the stuff that is in the way. You know what I mean. I think that I could find enjoyment in mopping an empty room. Ahhh, space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too much information......

Jackie said...

Sorry if I offended anyone. It was not my intent. After dealing with her (baby N) bodily functions for more than two years, I have ceased to see them as offencive. I had found the whole situation rather amusing, strangly enough. I think that I don't get out enough. Actually, I KNOW that I don't get out enough.

Liz said...

some people just have no sense of humour. I too thought it was funny, and the only shit I have caught in the last few years has been the intellectual/ and or proverbial kind. someone needs to lighten up.