Sunday, September 17, 2006

I swear...

that there will be some actual content soon that has to do with fibre, and not of the vegetable matter.

In the mean time, the latest count on the vegetable count is ....

5 pints of Lady Ashburnham pickles. And these are definitely not for my benefit. I am allergic to mustard and cannot eat them.. The kids like them though. And some days breathing mustard fumes is all about sacrifice. One batch per season is about all that I can handle.

And that leaves me with...

Green tomato relish. Now this one is definitely for me. As stated earlier, I am allergic to mustard and mustard figures very large in most relish recipes, It actually is in my relish recipe, but I figured that I could just leave it out and get something that I could actually eat. It worked and it is a really good relish. Truly kick ass. And seeing as we had a bit of an early frost and I have a few (cough,cough) green tomatoes I think that I will get a batch of relish out of them yet. You want the recipe, Give a holler and I will post it for your pickling pleasure.

In the mean time, I seem to have picked up a bit of a late summer cold. I feel like that stuff that no one really wants to talk about that lands on the sole of your shoe. Or the sole of some other unfortunate that happens to settle near you at an awkward time. And we have a leak in the brake line. Very tense drive home from market yesterday. Sigh. Someday I will feel that I will be making headway instead of just treading water.

Hope your weekend was restful and relaxed and I swear that soon the gardening/vegetable content will be done and it will be back to dyeing and weaving.

No! Really! I mean it!

Don't look for any lace updates until after Christmas. I am trying to live within reality here! In the mean time, I MAY just start another pair of socks from a skein of yarn that has been sitting on my table for a few weeks. I'm thinking either one of the purple/pink skeins or the brown/yellow one on the lower right. I LOVE hand knit socks. And I could actually get some knitting done while sitting waiting for people to give me money. Sounds like a plan to me. And you?

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Excellent plan! Those yarns are just begging to be knit into socks anyway.