Monday, February 27, 2006

The things you notice....

Lying in bed last night, sniffing and snuffing, I came to the realization that you don't really take notice of breathing through your nose until you can't. Damn, I hate having a cold.

Speaking of cold, Wind chill was registered at -29 C this morning. Isn't it suppose to be getting warmer? I guess that we are paying for our mild January.

Sock progress... Cuff done, and heel done. I shall attend to the turning of said heel when a certain small someone has her nap. She is also sniffing today and so has spent most of the morning on my lap. It is hard to knit when you have a girl asking for hugs.



And here is one of my quilts, as per discussing them with Mia. This is not a baby quilt, but the construction was pretty much the same.

This weekend was a bit of a wash. First, it was cold, and we all know how I feel about the cold. Second, I didn't feel 100%. We did get to watch "The Return of the King" however. So there was a few positive notes. I know for some of you, that this was a the first time that I had seen it could only come as a shock. I tried to read the first book in my mid 20's and couldn't get through the first 3 chapters. Several times. I must note that I had the same problem with "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I finally got over that one and have read it several times. Maybe the same holds true for the "Lord of the Rings" Time will tell. I did see the Two Towers when I was visiting my sister this past spring, and I have only seen half of the Fellowship of the Rings. Small girl needed attention and I never got back to it. I will.

I also figured out something interesting and rather disturbing this weekend. Saturday night, actually Sunday morning, I woke up about 3 with a splitting headache. One of the kinds that I knew wouldn't go away on it's own, so I took acetaminophen. I never really did get back to sleep, but a couple of hours later, after feeling increasingly queasy, I ended up in the bathroom talking on the porcelain telephone. Back to bed feeling suprisingly better for a few more hours rest, but the headache wouldn't go away. Another acetaminophen and eventually another call on the phone. Lightbulb moment. I was wondering why, when I had had a particularly , shall we say, spirited night, I ended up being uncommonly sick so much later that would have been normal given the way spirits work. I wake up with a headache that won't go away, take a pill, get sick. Duhh. Never thought that it would have been the thing that was suppose to make me feel better that was making me feel worse. It never used to bother me. I must be getting old.

No comments: