Saturday, March 08, 2008

Stitch Marker Exchange

Are you tired of using the same old stitch markers? Do you want to add some new ones to your stash? You should go over to the Stitch Marker Exchange and sign up for the Spring Swap. It's a nice little swap that doesn't take a lot of time, nor a lot of money. You can sign up for as many swap partners as you like and the only thing that you are required to send are 5 stitch markers to each of your swap partners. It's up to you if you want to add anything extra. I always do. I love to find chocolate in my mailbox and figure that others do as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those stitch markers are so pretty but do you really use them or just look at them?

I have never used stitch markers like the ones on the Stitch Marker Exchange. On occasions I have used a piece of yarn of a contrasting color to mark a row or pattern. I guess that makes me an old fashion knitter or a dull one.

How does one use these stitch markers any way ?

Mamoo wants to know.

David T. Macknet said...

Oh, you use them! I use the ones Jackie sent me! ;)

If you take a look at this or this you'll see that I'm using them to mark increases and decreases. I haven't quite figured out how to get them to work perfectly on the decreases, particularly with double-decreases, but I'm getting there.

As to using them for increases, marking a double-increase is easiest: place the marker immediately before the "static" stitch - so if you're doing M1 K1 M1, then you'd have M1 [pass marker over] K1 M1. The marker then stays right up against that middle stitch, and lets you know when you need to do something.

In theory, it should mean that you don't have to count stitches - always a plus!