Wednesday, March 26, 2008

F is for .....

Frost.

Feathery Frost Fronds.

Pretty, isn't it? Jack Frost doing his magic on my screen door. In the colder months, the screen door is a bit of an indicator of how cold it is out. When you can't see out, put on an extra layer of clothing.

These frost patterns are just gentle reminders that it is not spring yet. We have had some rather cold nights lately, but today it actually rained for a bit. The rain helps the snow to melt. And melting snow is a thing that I want to promote.

Here is a frost from last month. You can see the difference in the whiteness. It is cold and unrelenting. This frost was probably a couple of weeks old when I finally photographed it.

I am hoping that the frost in the morning will soon go the way of the dodo. Or at least until next winter.

7 comments:

KansasA said...

Brrrr, just reading your post I feel like I have to get up, shut the door, and go put a sweater on :)

I am Curious Llama. said...

Very pretty! One thing that kids in Canada learn the hard way is to not to try to lick the door. For those of you from warmer climes, you tongue freezes to the door and you are stuck there until someone comes to the rescue with warm water to pour around your tongue to melt it away.

Unknown said...

The patterns are beautiful Jackie. It's kinda like icicles which change so much depending on the time of year. Nice photography work.

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at the different frosty patterns. I took a photo of frost on my window that looks like a lacy pattern in the corner. Very pretty.

We have much to be inspired by Mother Nature.

Mamoo

Christine said...

I love the photos! You can tell that it indeed is starting to warm up your way. There is sun behind the latest shots!

David T. Macknet said...

Those are some great pictures! I'm just sorry that they have to come at such a price for you!

Christine said...

After waking up to the birds chirping three days in a row, I think I can return to optimism again. April is almost here! Warmer weather is sure to follow. :)

And I hope that the flood that is sure to come from all that melting snow isn't too bad.