Sunday, March 09, 2008

E is for....

emerging.



It is that time of year when gardeners are starting their seeds for the upcoming growing season. After a winter like we have had in Eastern Canada, we are all looking forward to spring.
Like me, the seeds start to emerge from their winters rest. The sun is stronger and new life is on the horizon. (And no, I do not mean that I am pregnant-I'm talking about plants people!) Warm days are ahead. I survive in winter. I live in summer.
These plants are actually Mira's latest experiment. These are her Dragon Fruit seeds that she saved. I will start my planting hopefully within the next week or two with peppers and a few members of thebrassica family.

5 comments:

I am Curious Llama. said...

Mira is a special girl indeed. I look forward to seeing how her seeds take.

Anonymous said...

Your seedlings are looking good Mira. At $7.70 a dragon fruit, these seedlings looks like a good investment. Good luck.

Mamoo

KansasA said...

That is so cool! I hope they bear a ton of fruit for Mira!!

David T. Macknet said...

Awesome! I can't believe that they started! You guys are true gardeners!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very glad that Mira really likes to grow things. Now if we can get her to really work in the garden. :-)