Thursday, December 27, 2007

You know what they say...

about necessity being the mother of invention? Well I can only agree. I was happily knitting away on my mittens the other night and came to the point of needing something on which to put the stitches for the thumbs. I know that I can thread the stitches on some yarn, but I find that a bit annoying. So I decide to go searching to see what I can find. In the bathroom, I hit pay dirt. In the form of heart barrettes that Mira may have had in her hair once for a total of about 30 seconds. They are in perfect shape and very smooth, with a clip that will not let the stitches slip off. They are being moved out of the bathroom and into my knitting kit. I may even make a couple of holes in my needle holder and clip them right on.

And I am able to show you these pictures of my wonderful new stitch holders because I am the proud new owner of a digital camera. My sister, Christine and her husband, Joe were very generous this year and bought me a camera! It was a complete surprise and they even made me cry. I happily snapped a bunch of pictures on Christmas and yesterday, Bill took as turn. Much to the dismay of Grandma. Unfortunately, Christine succumbed to the flu on Christmas day and spent much of the day laying down in a darkened room.

We had a great Christmas and ate too much (of course) and the eating shall continue over the next few days as we work our way through the turkey. And the candies. And chocolate. And.....well, you get the picture.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Merry Christmas! Glad to know about the trick of the stitch holders - sounds like something that may come very much in handy!

Valerie said...

What a wonderfully creative idea!! I love the mittens.
Congratulations on the camera.
Merry Christmas!

KansasA said...

Whoa, a new camera! You go girl! The electronic hints I so quietly dropped didn't work :( So I ordered myself up a few gadgets and am awaiting their arrival. I think I'll smack my hubby with one of the cords. (Just kidding!)