Thursday, December 20, 2007

Flu

Sick. Sick. Sick.
Sunday, Nicole started "not feeling well". Sunday night she started vomiting.

Monday Bill started not feeling well.

Monday night, Simon succumbed.

Tuesday, after school, it was Liam's turn.

Tuesday night, I went down.

And lastly, around 4 am on Wednesday morning, Mira was the last to fall.

Nicole is now back to normal.

Bill is feeling better, but still a bit achy.

Simon is still not 100%.

Liam is all better.

I am still a bit achy and tired.

Mira is still sick.

I'm glad that this happened this week and not next week. I really don't like being sick over Christmas. That happened once, about 6 or 7 years ago. Bill picked up the Sydney Flu. I don't know if any of you remember that particular bug, but I have to tell you that it remains firmly in my mind. It was a really bad one and Bill was sick for two weeks. The rest of us all became sick too, but none of us for so long. The poor man missed Christmas entirely. I took the kids (who were fully recovered by Christmas day, ahh the resilience of youth) to my mothers house and because I was still in that tired and achy stage, I went and laid down upstairs while various aunties entertained my kids.

Actually, this was a bad week to get sick. Bill missed his Christmas department party, Nicole missed her concert, Simon and Liam missed their concert, and I missed my staff party. Oh well. At least we won't miss Christmas. And tomorrow, my sister Christine and her husband Joe are coming to spend Christmas in town! Yeah!

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

This reminds me of my childhood: every year, I'd get sick over the holidays. Never during school, oh no, just during vacation. Sigh.

Glad that you're at least on your way back from it, and that you've the holidays to look forward to!

Christine said...

Merry Christmas Cooties!!

KansasA said...

Sydney will be thrilled to know that a flu shares the same name as her :) I actually had never heard of the Sydney flu until I read your post. So sorry you all missed parties and concerts but glad to know everyone is on the mend :)