Sunday, December 09, 2007

New Baskets

There is a craft sale in town this weekend. I wandered over yesterday after my market was finished and I found the most wonderful booth. This woman had baskets galore and they were all reasonably priced. I fell in love and although I wanted to bring home half a dozen, I restrained myself to two. One for me and one for my mother-in-law.

The one in the front is a magazine basket and it is for Grandma. It will be filled with Grandma and Grandpa's other presents. Most of which I have yet to buy. How many shopping days until Christmas?

The one in the rear is MINE! and it will be holding my yarns and shuttles next to my loom. I have a basket that I made a few years ago, but it lately seems to be a little to small. Maybe I just need to clean it out more often. My new basket is very sturdy and has legs! I LOVE it! Yesterday after I returned from the sale, I put it on the kitchen table and admired it while Bill went about supper preparations. I have to say that it is nice to have Bill make supper on Saturdays. This doesn't happen every week , but when it does, it is wonderful.

5 comments:

Teyani said...

fabulous baskets !

Erin said...

Presently, my "yarn" basket is being used by the cats and a bed...I'm thinking I may need a new basket myself!

margene said...

What a wonderful find! A perfect way to present gifts to your G&G and perfect to hold your own yarn!

KansasA said...

Wow Jackie good score on the baskets! I love the legs on yours, very interesting!

David T. Macknet said...

13 more shopping days ... if you plan to wrap the night before!