Thursday, May 18, 2006

My pretties

I was having a day on Tuesday. And when Wee-Nicole FINALLY went down for a nap just shortly after noon, I quickly did up the dishes and dyed the Briggs & Little that has been teasing me in all it's whiteness for more than two weeks. I wanted ORANGE! And I think that I managed to get it. Of course, I was trying to multi task and after checking and folding laundry, and checking and sweeping the floor, and checking to make sure that it didn't boil, I decided to quickly check my e-mail. Well, you can guess where I am going. When I went to check again, the buggers were boiling happily in their bath. I, on the other hand, was not so happy. They did shrink a bit, so it means that when they become socks, I will have to be careful to make sure that they fit, as I will not be able to do my shrink trick.


Look what met my daughter on her way out the door this morning! My Make One Yarn Studio yarns had come!


To the left, are two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sport in Tahoe. For socks of course. Next, to the right, are three skeins of Misti Alpaca Natural White. Enough to make a lace shawl. It may take me three years, but I want it enough, and I think that it is something that I could work on at the lake this summer. It seems that every time that I try to read something at the lake, my MIL wants to chat, but handy-work is an acceptable thing to do. To the right of the Alpaca is my first set of Addi Turbo needles for my shawl. Sigh. The at the bottom are two balls of Noro, one Silk Garden, the other, Kureyon. They are both a little darker than I expected, but beautiful none the less. The Silk Garden has such a lovely feel that I think that I will be getting a few more of them. These two have no project attached. My goodness, I had a hard time choosing. I think that I changed my mind about a dozen times. And these wonderful people ship for free within Canada any orders that are over $30. It doesn't take long to find $30+ worth of beautiful yarns.

2 comments:

Jay said...

OOh, Jackie, you lucky thing. Those yarns look fabulous. I especially love the capuccino coloured one...

Unknown said...

I love the Lorna's Laces and it is such a dream to knit with. The lace yarn is great too. Nice purchases Jackie...