Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Nice Matters


I was quite tickled to receive a "Nice Matters" award from Davimac over at "Wish I Were Baking". The award states that

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

So here we go (seeing as I can't just pass it back to Davimac as I would like to)

1. Teyani from Intrepid Fiber Wizard. Teyani is a very knowledgeable and talented fiber wizard and has always been very helpful with any questions that I have had about spinning or dyeing. Thanks Teyani.

2. Dave from Cabin Cove. Dave is a wealth of knowledge and talent. It seems like there isn't anything that this man can't do. Word of warning though. If you don't like seeing photo's of, how do I put this, errrm, ahhhh, male behinds (usually well covered- last week was an exception I assure you) then don't go visiting Dave on Wednesday's. The other 6 days are all respectably crafty. I, however, always visit Dave on Wednesday. Thanks Dave. (I'll be by in the morning)

3. Jessie from What Housework. Jessie is a woman who knits, dyes, sells, and has a collection of animals that just keeps on getting bigger. Thankfully both her heart and barn are big enough to accommodate them. Thanks Jessie.

4. Kansasa from Canadian Crafter. Kansasa doesn't stop. Ever. I'm sure of it. In addition to having 3 kids, she and her husband run a farm that has a bazillion animals of all kinds, and the woman processes enough food to feed a small army. I first found my way to her blog because, firstly, I am Canadian too, and secondly, I thought that I would see some more knitting or spinning, or what not. No knitting to be found. She doesn't have time. But she is a wealth of knowledge and so nice. I don't know where she finds the time to blog or e-mail, but she does both. Thanks Kansasa.

5. Christine from Spin, Weave, Knit, and Cake. Christine is a weaver and I have to admit that I take great pleasure in hearing of her adventures in weaving. A lot of the time i can say "been there, done that". But other times are purely unique. Like the time she had to wrap her entire front beam and warp in plastic wrap because the cat wouldn't leave it alone. I've never done that and I hope that I never have to. Thanks Christine.

6. Erin from Skein Street. I've been visiting with Erin for a while now. She has shared her adventures of moving several times, finishing school to be a vet, as well as her residencies and classes in various zoos. She is an awesome awesome knitter. And a generally nice person who always has something positive and encouraging to say as I stumble slowly through my various knitting projects. Thanks Erin.

7. Leigh from Leigh's Fiber Journal. Leigh is a talented weaver who shares all of her knowledge quite happily. She is also an amazing spinner and her knitting blows me away. I'll never be as good a knitter, but I'd like to have even a quarter of her spinning knowledge. Thanks Leigh.

8. Leah from Homework. Leah has funky tutorials and is a recycler of old sweaters. You should check out her Etsy shop for all of the neat things that she does. She also sent me a bunch of stamps from various places in the world. The kids and I have really enjoyed looking at them. Thanks Leah.

Thank you all for making the blogging world a brighter and better place. Nice does matter.

8 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and thank you for the kind words! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, and some great new links to read. And the feeling is mutual!

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say that Jackie from One Thread Two Thread is definitely the blogger I love most. And she is certainly "nice". Has to be to tolerate me. And everyone likes her. I don't know a single person who has a bad thing to say about this woman.

And sweet woman that she is, she told me a couple of weeks ago that I'd definitely get a good rating on Cabin Cove's weekly Wednesday gallery. Makes an old fella feel good.

So my vote for "nice" goes to my hugely talented and fun Jackie. Since I don't blog this is the best I can do today.

Teyani said...

awwww... now you've made me blush :-)
thanks so much for the sweet words.
and right back attcha grrl!

KansasA said...

Ah gee Jackie, thanks! You are very deserving of the nice award and I love reading your blog!

Leigh said...

Jackie, I'm honored! And I agree with Dave about the great new links. Thanks!

kneek said...

Thanks Jackie. This goes right back at you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jackie! I'm embarrassed to say that when I updated my blog this morning, I couldn't remember whose blog I had seen this on. I'm back. :-) You are too kind; my husband is the one who's nice to the animals!