Monday, October 15, 2007

Blooming

The cacti are blooming in my house. Every summer the plants go out to live in the sun porch and every fall they move back into their winter residence. My rather dark living room. This simulated the light change that florist do in their mysterious back rooms to make them bloom. And so without further ado, here are 3 of my 4 different coloured cacti in bloom.




Oh my. After looking at those photos I realize that my poor plants are rather dusty. Washing them is on my to do list. But now I have to go wake up the kiddies and get everyone ready for school and myself ready for work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know it's the light change. I had heard it was the hot days/cool nights that made them bloom so I keep my cactus outside as long as possible.

In fact, I just brought it in yesterday, AFTER the first hard frost. It did fine.