Saturday, March 17, 2007

And the Winner is....



Not my hands. My hand piece was rejected from the show because, according to the curator, he has seen too many hands. Hands are overdone. Unfortunately for me, I'm not done with hands, so hopefully, at some other time, I will be able to get a show of my hands. I have them in many different shapes, media, and sizes.

On a good note, my silk shawl was accepted. I have to admit that it is very pretty. When I was weaving it, I kept saying "prettyprettypretty" I was really happy with the way that it turned out. Can I show it to you? Nope. My bad. I didn't take a picture of it while I had it. Photos are being taken of it so that it can go in the catalogue of the show. I can hardly believe it. My shawl! In the Beaverbrook Art Gallery! This is a BIG DEAL for me! I didn't think that I would ever show anything there. Let's here it for the Canadian Year of Craft!

Unfortunately, I am almost out of the silk that I have been using. I have enough for maybe one more set of scarves. The supplier of that particular silk has retired and so I need to get a new one. And all the other silk suppliers are much more expensive than the Banisters were. They dealt mostly in mill ends so they were able to keep their prices down. As a result of my increased cost of supplies, my scarves are about to take a price hike.
I wonder how my sales will be effected.

10 comments:

canknitian said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Valerie said...

congratulations! I can't wait to see the photo's. And as far as the curator goes....bah! IMO one can never see too many hands. So there.

Anonymous said...

Many hearty congratulations on your accomplishment!

Unknown said...

Jackie that is so fabulous - congratulations! You must be over the moon. You do deserve it, your stuff is fantastic. And as an owner of one of your shawls I am so thrilled to know one of it's relatives is finding fame...LOL.

Teyani said...

congratulations! spectacular - sensational. how awesome that you are in that cool art gallery - you totally deserve it!
what kind of silk are you needing?

margene said...

How exciting! Contrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your shawl. I can't wait to see a picture.

craftydabbler said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment.

I hope you are able to find a good source for your silk. Is it already spun?

WhiteFeather Hunter said...

AWESOME JACKIE!
WE'RE GOING TO ROCK THAT GALLERY RIGHT OFF ITS FOUNDATION!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I have yet to knit a shawl. Congratulations to being in the Beaverbrook Art Gallery. That's exciting!