Thursday, November 29, 2007

74

74 WHAT? Varieties of tomatoes of course!

Unfortunately, counting the tomatoes has been about all that I have been able to do because I have been weaving up a storm.

My bundle of pink warp has been transformed into three scarves/shawls. They are at that awkward size where they may work as either. Which is about 18 inches. I have fringed two of them and will wash them this afternoon.
And I made up another mixed warp yesterday at work and went back after supper to get it on the loom. I have it threaded through the reed and heddles and about half way wound on. I am warping it front to back because of tangling issues that I have had with warps like this before. The pink series of scarves was a bit of a pain to go on, but it was a breeze to weave. I am glad that I know both methods of warping and am learning when to apply each. Although I will say that for regular warps, back to front wins every time.

It is my big sale this weekend and I am hoping that there will be a lot of people and they will spend a lot of money. Not just at my booth, but at everyone's . I wish that you all could come.

Time to push the kids out the door and get ready for a meeting with the other organizer of the sale. And then it is off to the college to finish warping my white and cream shawls. I found some silk sari ribbon in gold and white that I have also incorporated and they are so pretty. I can hardly wait to see how they turn out.

6 comments:

Teyani said...

that pink is fabulous! wish I could be at your sale :-)

f. pea said...

i wish i could come, too. good luck!

David T. Macknet said...

Varieties of tomato? SO confused.

Like the scarf / shawl, though! :)

Glad you're well.

Leigh said...

I would love to be able to come to your big sale! I hope it goes well and draws a huge crowd. I love the colors of pink you used. Very nice!

Christine said...

Good Luck tomorrow Jackie!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Wish I could be at the sale too. I love that pink scarf!