Tuesday, September 04, 2007

It's like a sickness

isn't it? The desire to spin finer and finer? It is like I am having a contest with myself to see if I can spin finer than the last skein. My sailor's delight is coming in at 43 wpi in its singles form. I am about 1/4 of the way through the second half of the 4oz bundle. I really don't think that I want to go any finer. I'll leave that to the spiders.
And on the other end of the spectrum is my fat slubby scarves. I had a lot of comments on them at market last weekend. I think the fact that it was a little on the cool side worked in my favour.
This is what my booth looked like after the wind knocked down part of my display. Three times. And one of those times part of what came down was my large black vase that I used to display my origami.

Good bye dear vase. I knew you well. Now I have to find a good substitute and maybe sign up for another pottery class.

5 comments:

margene said...

I'm so sorry you lost that dear vase. The booth looks so colorful! My goal is to spin ALL sizes when I want and that is proving hard to attain.

Anonymous said...

That really is a colorful display.
And I know what you mean about having personal contests and spinning, I do that with each new skein.

KansasA said...

Well they say everything happens for a reason... (wouldn't you like to just smack the person who said that?) LOL
Love the colourful scarves!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am off to Montreal tomorrow! Too bad you can't come. I'll eat some bagels and think of you. My paper isn't written yet, I guess I will do that on the plane. Kitt is over for a visit. She is off tomorrow to work her magic down south! As ever, things have fallen into place for her. She even managed to get picked up by a photographer in an Astin Martin while hitch-hiking in the highlands. Love, N!

Erin said...

Boy do I know that sickness! I'm going to be investing in an attachment for my wheel that lets me spin even finer yarn!