Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday Sky


Here is the sky this morning. Foggy. Cool. Not so pretty. Nice trees though.



And here we are about one hour later. I was at my market which is in an alley way. But sunny! How nice. It even warmed up enough so that I could take off my jacket and sweater. It is really cool in the alley, and there is always a nice breeze. Wonderful conditions if it is hot. Not so much if it is cold.



We had a visit from our old market manager Mike. His wife, Monique, makes and sells jewelry. Nice stuff too. In any case Mike is running in our provincial election. He is a really nice guy. He looked a little tired and dazed this morning, but after 4+ weeks of hard campaigning, I can't imagine what I would look like. I hope I never know. I wish him well on Monday.

We also had a visit from Brian A.(sorry, can't remember the rest) He was to take pictures of the market for the tourism department. He had a lot of fun trying to set up the picture. He had all of the vendors set up where he wanted , and then there were no customers. Not a single one. Eventually he had what he wanted and went on his merry way. It was his birthday by the way. So happy birthday Brian!

And I was on my way to use the facilities and I saw Daniel. Holding court it looked like. He is a pointillist. And he is GOOD! And he is a nice guy too. There were about 8 or 10 people and he was talking away about what he does. He is really talented. There are some of his pieces that have over 500 hours of work in them. Boggles the mind.
There were lots of people that came through because there were a lot of people downtown for the festival. All in all, a pretty good day.

No comments: